Host a DSM-5 workshop by partnering with the OPPA/APA
The OPPA has partnered with several groups to train clinicians on all the changes in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders – Fifth Edition (DSM-5).
The DSM is used nationally and internationally to provide standardized criteria for clinical and research use. The release of the DSM-5 on May 17, 2013 marks the first major revision to the classification of, and diagnostic criteria for, mental disorders since DSM-IV was released in 1994.
Because there are so many clinicians that will need to be trained on DSM-5, the OPPA has developed several options for collaboration.
To date, the OPPA has collaborated with:
- Ohio Department of Mental Health
- ADAMHS Board of Montgomery County
- ADAMHS Board of Cuyahoga County
- Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction
- Child Focus, Inc. (Cincinnati)