APA webcast on integrated care models
Reconnecting the brain and body
The APA is hosting a live webcast of a roundtable discussion on the promise of integrated medical-behavioral and primary care models on April 4 from 10 a.m.-12 p.m. ET.
The event, Integrated Primary and Mental Health Care: Reconnecting the Brain and the Body, will feature the release of a new report by Milliman Actuaries outlining the economic impact of effective integration of medical and behavioral health services.
Michael Hogan, PhD, Former Commissioner of the New York State Office of Mental Health will provide keynote remarks. Other confirmed speakers include:
• Jeffrey Lieberman, MD, President, American Psychiatric Association
• Paul Summergrad, MD, President-Elect, American Psychiatric Association
• Saul Levin, MD, MPA, CEO and Medical Director, American Psychiatric Association
• John P. O'Brien, Senior Policy Advisor, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services
• Henry Chung, MD, Medical Director, Montefiore Accountable Care Organization
• Richard Frank, PhD, Margaret T. Morris Professor of Health Economics, Harvard Medical School and Designate, Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, Health and Human Services
Webcast participants will be able to submit questions for the panelists through the webcast. To register for the webcast, visit http://www.visualwebcaster.com/APAIntegratedCare.