Ready to join or rejoin OPRA? You can click here to be directed to complete and submit an OPRA Membership Application Form.
OPRA now offers three types of memberships: Provider, Public Entity and Associate.
For businesses that provide services directly to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If your agency bills the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, Opportunities for Ohioans with Disabilities, or a local county board of developmental disabilities for services provided by your agency, you are eligible for a Provider Membership. Provider Member dues are calculated based on a percentage of your agency's estimated gross revenue from supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Public Entity Membership
Designed specifically for Ohio's local county boards of developmental disabilities and regional Council of Governments (COG).
There are many benefits of being an OPRA Member, such as:
Regulatory and Legislative Advocacy
- Advocacy and Representation with policymakers
- Current information and forums for members to weigh in on policy issues and shape policy decisions
- Resources to membership: websites, legislative contacts and talking points
- OPRA PAC: Campaign contributions and fundraising events
- Opportunity for face to face contact with administration and elected officials
Training and Conferences
- Up-to-date information on the ever-changing landscape of customer needs, rules, regulations, statutory changes, technology and best practices
- Two annual statewide conferences
- Forums: Strategic planning, financial management, technology, staff development and system collaboration
- Approved Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for: Accountancy Board, BELTSS/Nursing, DODD, Social Work, HRCI and SHRM
- Job Bank
- ICF Openings Directory
- Service Provider Directory
- HR Policies & Practices Reports
- Compensation & Benefits Survey
- Salary Summary
- Miscellaneous forms, sample policies/procedures and best practice documents
Committees, Workgroups & Listservs
- Join committees/workgroups to address a variety of industry-relevant areas.
- Ability to share ideas, experiences and knowledge to advance the collective mission and improve the group advantage.
- Participate in a number of discussions by joining a listserv
- Join in on member discussions
Timely News and Information
- Weekly Members-Only Friday Five conference calls for system-specific updates
- Weekly summary of the Friday Five conference Calls
- News articles
- Updates on legislative and policy initiatives
- Member news
- Access to Member Only content on the OPRA website
Member Discount Program
- Help reduce costs and improve bottom lines.
- Take advantage with discounts and savings on the products and services needed and used every day.
Ready to join? You can click here to be directed to complete and submit an OPRA Membership Application Form.
If you have questions, please contact Sonya Summers at email@example.com or call the OPRA office at (614) 224-6772.