The Young and the Restless
Licensed Funeral Director
Attorney at Law
Program Director, Worsham College of Mortuary Science
The topic most every funeral director is discussing is how to hire and retain employees. Join Leili McMurrough as we focus on how to create a funeral home environment that welcomes and retains talent by taking an “employee-centered” perspective. We will hear various perspectives from mortuary students, recent graduates, apprentices, first-year funeral directors, and learn why some of our rising starts leave the profession.
By the end of the session, attendees should be able to:
- Identify challenges faced by funeral home employers and address employee barriers in an ethical and professional manner
- Compare the needs of employers to the contrasting views of new employees
- Analyze trends in employment, demographics, assumptions, and needs of new employees
- Discuss communication best practices that exhibit professionalism which better serves both employees and families
- Explain how integrity and trustworthiness improve a work environment
- Discuss how to effectively listen and communicate realistic expectations
- Recommend and implement changes in your company culture, hiring, and business practices to accommodate the needs of today’s talent.
1 CE Hour, Ethics
Generously sponsored by Paragon Casket