Ohio ACEP Advocacy Day & Annual Meeting
June 7, 2023
Ohio Statehouse & The Athletic Club of Columbus
- Morning meetings with elected officials at the Ohio Statehouse
- Board of Director & Councillor Elections
- Annual Award Winners Recognition
- Advocacy in Emergency Medicine…the NOT-so-subtle art of giving a…
Dr. Anthony Cirillo (Chair of the ACEP Board of Directors)
- Oh $#!+ It’s a Baby: Pitfalls of Pediatric Airway Management
Dr. Anne Runkle (The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center & Nationwide Children’s Hospital)
- Top 5 Malpractice Claims in the ED
Dr. Vishnu Mudrakola (Summa Health)
- Self Defense in the Emergency Department
Dr. Laurel Barr (Mid-Ohio Emergency Services)
- Let’s “Treat the Disease that Caused the Disease”
Dr. Richard J. Ryan (University of Cincinnati College of Medicine & Hamilton County Public Health)
- State of EM Panel Discussion with industry leaders
- Moderator: Dr. Bryan Graham (Chapter President)
- Dr. Brad Borden (Cleveland Clinic)
- Dr. Eric Drobny (Emergency Services, Inc.)
- Dr. Tina Latimer (US Acute Care Solutions)
- Dr. Lynn Massingale (TeamHealth)
- Dr. Stewart Wright (University of Cincinnati College of Medicine)
2023 Board of Directors & Councillor Elections
The application period for the Ohio ACEP 2023 Board of Directors and Councillor Elections is now closed.
Board Members and Councillors will be elected by ballot by majority vote of the Chapter membership at the Chapter's Annual Meeting, on June 7, 2023.
Board of Directors Elections
- Three (3) Board Members will be elected by the membership to serve a three-year term.
- Current Board members with expiring terms are eligible for re-nomination and re-election.
- Board members will serve for three years.
- Their terms of office will begin at the close of the Annual Meeting at which they are elected.
We are seeking members interested in representing the Ohio Chapter on ACEP Council. ACEP Council is the deliberative and representative body that meets once a year for two days prior to the College’s annual Scientific Assembly (2023’s Scientific Assembly, ACEP23, is planned to be held in Philadelphia, PA on October 7 & 8, 2023). The Council votes on resolutions, elects members to the National ACEP Board of Directors, and ensures grassroots involvement in the democratic decision-making process.
- Nine (9) Councillors will be elected by the membership to serve either a 1-year or a 2-year term.
- Terms will be assigned following the 2023 Annual Meeting.
- Current Councillors with expiring terms are eligible for re-nomination and re-election.
All Candidates should plan to register to participate in the Ohio ACEP Annual Meeting on June 7, 2023.
Location & Accommodations
1 Capitol Square
Columbus, OH 43215
Parking at the Ohio Statehouse
The Athletic Club of Columbus
136 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43215
Directions & Parking Information
Ohio ACEP has discounted room blocks set-up at the following hotels.
Residence Inn Columbus Downtown
36 E Gay Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Room Rate: $164/per night (plus applicable taxes)
Group Rate Reservation Deadline: May 7, 2023
Parking: Valet Parking $30/per night
Make your Reservation at the Residence Inn Online!
Sheraton Columbus Hotel at Capitol Square
75 East State Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Room Rate: $149/per night (plus applicable taxes)
Group Rate Reservation Deadline: May 15, 2023
Check with the Sheraton for Valet Parking Availability
Self Parking is available at the Columbus Commons Garage
Make your Reservation at the Sheraton at Capital Square Online!
Ohio ACEP Annual Awards Program
Know an emergency physician who deserves recognition for outstanding work?
Nominate them for an Ohio ACEP Annual Award!
Ohio ACEP is currently accepting nominations for the following Annual Awards:
- Ohio ACEP Bill Hall Award for Service
- Emergency Physician of the Year Award
- Emergency Physician Advocacy Award
- Emergency Physician Medical Education Award
- Emergency Physician Leadership Award
- Outstanding Emergency Medicine Resident of the Year Award
Nomination Deadline: April 14, 2023
Ohio ACEP Annual Award winners will be recognized at the Ohio ACEP Annual Meeting on June 7.
Click Here to view our previous Ohio ACEP award winners.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the American College of Emergency Physicians and Ohio ACEP. The American College of Emergency Physicians is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American College of Emergency Physicians designates this live activity for a maximum of 2 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Approved by the American College of Emergency Physicians for a maximum of 2 hours of ACEP Category I credit.