What Is a Career Practitioner Institute?
NCDA offers these smaller, regional conferences for the purpose of
- gathering practitioners together for a day long event at a low cost
- allowing NCDA Board members and representatives opportunities to present to and interact with smaller groups of practitioners
- showcasing NCDA products and benefits to both members and non-members
- offering CEUs (continuing education units) to practitioners who seek these
- convening Board meetings
What Are Participants Saying about NCDA Career Practitioner Institutes?
- "I enjoyed everything! Networking was terrific! Speakers were excellent! Location was wonderful. Being able to obtain 13 CEU's in 2 days while having fun, too!"
- "Two of the best things about the presentations were the thought provoking ideas and concepts and the competencies of the facilitators."
- "I enjoyed gaining new information and practices to re-energize my work."
- "As a new member, this was very beneficial... I learned about the many resources and training opportunities available to me personally, but also those that will be helpful in my work with my students."
Mark Your Calendars!
Career Practitioner Institute, Fall 2017
October 5-6, 2017
Hilton Long Beach Hotel
Long Beach, California
NCDA Career Practitioner Institute
"Practical Techniques and Strategies for
Career Development Practitioners"
February 23-24, 2017
Marriott Memphis East Hotel
NCDA Member Registration Fee (5.5 CE hours): $120
Non-Member Registration Fee (5.5 CE hours): $170
Professional Development Institutes (4 CE hours each PDI) Member and Non-Member Fee: $75 per PDI
Marriott Memphis East Hotel
5795 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38119
Reservations: (800) 228-9290
Hotel: (901) 682-0080
Room Rate: $164 plus tax (currently 15.95%, subject to change without notice)
Reservations must be made by January 22, 2017 or until room block is full, whichever comes first.
Thursday, February 23, 2017
Professional Development Institutes (PDIs) - optional (for an additional fee); 4 Continuing Education Contact Hours (CE)
8:00 am - 12:00 pm PDI #1
12:00 - 1:30 pm Lunch On Your Own
1:30 am - 5:30 pm PDI #2
Friday, February 24, 2017
8:30 - 9:45 am Opening General Session
10:00 - 11:10 am Presentation Series I (three presentations per series)
11:25 am - 12:35 pm Presentation Series II (three presentations per series)
12:35 - 1:45 pm Welcome Lunch
1:45 - 2:55 pm Presentation III (three presentations per series)
3:10 - 4:00 pm Closing Session
NCDA has been approved by NBCC as an Approved Continuing Education Provider, ACEP #1003. Programs that do not qualify for NBCC credit are clearly identified. NCDA is solely responsible for all aspects of this program.
After the event, NCDA will send an electronic link to the evaluation. After completion of the evaluation, the system will direct you to your online membership record where continuing education transcript can be printed.
Optional Pre-Conference Professional Development Institutes (additional fee required to participate); 4 Continuing Education Hours
Keynote Details Coming Soon!
Presentation Series I, 10:00 - 11:10 am
Presentation Series II, 11:25 am - 12:35 pm
To Download the NCDA app, please visit the Apple Store or the Google Play Store. Search for NCDA.