- Career Development Quarterly, NCDA's journal is the premier career counseling journal, presenting the latest information in career development research and career counseling practice. CDQ is provided electronically to members.
- Career Developments, the NCDA magazine, is a themed publication offering articles that balance a broad vision with practical applications. Published four times per year, each issue offers a focused article on a select theme, a feature article on a prominent NCDA event, specific content for five departments, and four regular columns.
- Career Convergence, NCDA's web magazine offers new articles each month for career development practitioners working in a variety of work settings.
- The Career Resource Store offers career development publications that are available to members at discounted prices. NCDA carries publications appropriate for use with adults, K-12, post-secondary, and several other specialized areas.
- Global Career Development Conference that provides exciting keynoters, over 150 CE-approved program sessions, and provides opportunities for networking with many career professionals.
- Professional Development Institutes provide opportunities for continuing education at the annual conference and occasionally at state and regional locations. Other Professional Development opportunities are listed on the website, including the exclusive Leadership Academy.
- Liability Insurance is available to NCDA members whose practice is limited to career services through the ACA Insurance Trust. Call 800-347-6647 X284 for more information.
- Networking Opportunities are endless with thousands of career development professionals who are members of state divisions and NCDA.
- Professional Recognition can be achieved by applying for the Special Membership Designations. These designations include the Career Counselor, Master Career Counselor (MCC), Career Specialist, Master Career Specialist (MCS), and NCDA Scholar.
- Sample Forms is an online repository of documents for members to review and reference when developing professional forms for use in all career development settings.
- Multicultural Career Resource List. The Committee on Diversity Initiatives and Cultural Inclusion developed a comprehensive list of diversity career resources for members. This is a consolidated a list of over 150 resources, organized by population, including resources for ethnic minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, LGBT, as well as general multicultural career topics and workplace diversity. It is available to members under MyNCDA.
Partnerships: TherapySites designs professional, affordable, and effective websites for therapists. They make it easy to attract new clients and generate more revenue by including everything you need for a thriving online presence. All you pay is a monthly hosting fee of $59/month with no long-term contracts. Everything is included, from credit card processing to appointment requests, search engine optimization, and many more features, all of which come standard. Start building your practice today by visiting TherapySites and entering promo code “NCDA” to receive a free website and one month of free hosting service!
Keep your Membership benefits coming -- we need your current email address to send you the web magazine and monthly announcements-- give NCDA your updated contact information. Your membership profile can be updated when you log on to MyNCDA (located in the far right side of the purple navigation bar on each webpage).
In this section
NCDA Long Term PlanIn April 2015, the NCDA Board announced an updated Long Term Plan. Click here to read the seven areas the Board has decided to focus on and the steps being taken.
Career Developments Magazine
Career Developments is a themed publication offering articles that balance a broad vision with practical applications. All NCDA members receive this as a benefit of membership. Learn more about Career Developments.
NCDA Partnerships:TherapySites and entering promo code “NCDA” to receive a free website and one month of free hosting service!
NCDA has been approved as a member organization of the Automation Federation. The Automation Foundation and NCDA are working together to convey the message to students, job seekers, returning Veterans, and those in career transition that pursuing a career in the automation profession can be rewarding, and is essential to the long-term viability of our nation's and the world's advanced manufacturing effort. Click here to read the current AF/NCDA Workforce Position Statement.
If your organization would like to make such an offer to NCDA or its members, please contact email@example.com