November 15, 2012
Application Deadline for LAUNCH - Leaders Achieving Unexpected New Career Heights
Event Dates: January 23, 24, 25 and February 27,28 and March 1
Did you know that more than half of our workforce in agribusiness will retire in the next 15 years?
That means top-level leadership will also retire, resulting in a void of leadership talent. The Ohio AgriBusiness Association (OABA) has recognized this challenge and will offer a robust leadership development training program – LAUNCH – to help fill the void, and ultimately to help ensure a bright future for Ohio’s agribusinesses.
OABA is looking for 25-30 aspiring leaders to participate in the inaugural 2013 LAUNCH class. Participants who are selected are expected to attend two three-day sessions on the following dates:
- January 23, 24, & 25 – Columbus Area
- February 27, 28 & March 1 – Toledo Area
If you have a rising star in your organization who would benefit from a robust leadership training opportunity, sponsor their application by November 15.
Ambitious, Emerging Leaders:
Talk with your supervisor and apply by November 15 to be considered for this year’s class.
The program curriculum will include skill-building in the following areas (click here to see the full list of sessions and speakers):
- Personal Insights and Diversity in Thinking Styles
- Management Skills and Decision-Making
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Global Issues in Agriculture
- Sales and Marketing Principles
- Ohio/Regional Trends in Agribusiness
- State and Local Government
- Strategic Planning, Goal Setting and Organizational Skills
- Capstone Project
Registration for this event is different than most OABA training opportunities. Those interested in participating will need to go through the following short application process.
- Applicants must work for a member organization of OABA.
- Aspiring leaders will need to talk with their supervisor and/or company leadership to determine if the interested individual has approval to commit to the program.
- Individuals must fill out an official application, which includes a letter of recommendation.
- Applicants and their supervisors and/or company leadership must sign a letter of commitment to the two three-day sessions.
- Mail this application – which must be postmarked by November 15, 2012 – to:
Ohio AgriBusiness Association
c/o Angela Davis-Haines
5151 Reed Road, Suite 126-C
Columbus, OH 43220
Note: No more than two leaders from one organization will be accepted in a given year.
Costs: OABA will invoice each applicant’s organization for the one-time participation fee of $2,900 upon selection. This registration fee covers costs relating to both three-day trainings, including hotel accommodations and meals.
Frequently Asked Questions: Click here to view FAQs.