4R Technology Review Field Day
At the free 4R Technology Review Field Day, retailers, farmers, Certified Crop Advisers and other interested parties will hear from experts, see field demonstrations and experience technology centered on strengthening the industry’s commitment to improving the quality of Ohio’s waterways.
- Date: August 25, 2021
- Time: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Check-in starts at 8:30 a.m.
- Location: OSU Northwest Agricultural Research Station, 4240 Range Line Road, Custar, OH 43511
- Registration: Click here to register for the FREE event. Although there is no registration fee, a reservation is appreciated.
Click here to download the agenda.
|Schedule of Events
|8 :30 am
||Registration (Coffee, Juice & Donuts)
- Drone Payload Application and Technology - Rantizo
- Ben Etsinger, eastern corn belt sales manager for Rantizo will discuss how Rnatizo is bringing drones to in-field applications across the U.S. He'll discuss the 5th R - Rantizo's use within 4R. He will also share how taking an integrated systems approach with existing technologies can mean cost-effective results for growers and new business opportunities for ag retailers. Ben will share real-world examples of just how diverse the possibilities can be when using drones for precision application needs. Demonstration and Q&A.
- Impacts and Opportunities of Utilizing Precision Agriculture During Manure Application to Maximize Farm Profits - Chris Shoup and Jason Hartschuh, The Ohio State University
- Manure is loaded with nutrients but can also increase the nutrient variability in your fields. New technology is impacting our ability to measure and manage this variability. Variability not only exists between operations but within the lagoon. Improved application technology provides opportunities for us to apply manure to growing crops closer to when the crop will be utilizing the nutrients. Applying to growing crops also allows for better nutrient capture and decreased environmental losses.
- Opportunities for In-Season Nutrient Application of NPK - Josh McGrath, University of KY; Kuhn, New Leader
- We spend a lot of time talking about the “Right rate” when we discuss the 4R’s, but applying fertilizer at the “Right time” can have a huge impact on crop yields and nutrient use efficiency. What’s more, the timing of a fertilizer application often dictates the source, rate, and placement. We’ll discuss timing of N, P, and K applications to build yield, rescue crops, and improve environmental performance.
- Ag Tech for Placement of Fertilizer with the Planter - John Fulton and Elizabeth Hawkins, The Ohio State University
- Fertilizer placement with the planter pass provide an opportunity accurately place nutrients relative to the seed to help improve nutrient uptake. This stop will cover the value of planter placed fertilizer for crop production while highlighting new technologies to deliver products in-furrow and beside the seed.
- Independent Prescriptions and Metering - Luckey Farmers, Legacy Farmers Cooperative
- How technology can make a difference in your day to day operations
- ETS/Soil Warrior demonstration
||Welcome and Introductions - Chris Henney, OABA CEO & President
|9 am – 12 pm
|1 – 4 pm