November 1, 2013
OABA LAUNCH Program
Application Deadline: 11/1/13; Sessions: 1/7-1/10/14 & 2/18-2/21/14
Columbus and Toledo
Did you know that more than half of our workforce in agribusiness will retire in the next 15 years?
That means top-level leadership will also retire, resulting in a void of leadership talent. The Ohio AgriBusiness Association has recognized this challenge and will again offer a robust leadership development training program – Leaders Achieving Unexpected New Career Heights, or LAUNCH – to help fill the void, and ultimately to help ensure a bright future for Ohio’s agribusinesses.
OABA is looking for 25-30 aspiring leaders to participate in the 2014 LAUNCH class. Participants who are selected through the application process are expected to attend two four-day sessions on the following dates:
- January 7-10, 2014 – Columbus Area
- February 18-21, 2014 – Toledo Area
If you have a rising star in your organization who would benefit from a robust leadership training opportunity, sponsor their application by November 1, 2013.
Ambitious, Emerging Leaders:
Talk with your supervisor and apply by November 1, 2013 to be considered for this year’s class.
What are 203 participants saying about LAUNCH?
“The LAUNCH program provides a valuable venue for developing the young leaders of agribusiness in Ohio. During LAUNCH, I learned with colleagues from all over the state whose careers in agriculture had a different focus. The professional growth and networking accomplished through LAUNCH will yield benefits for our industry for many years to come.”
- Scott Crowder, CFO, Central Ohio Farmers Co-op
“The LAUNCH program helped me to meet and learn from other leaders in Ohio agriculture. I became a better manager, leader and person because of LAUNCH. I’m confident I can better serve Ohio agribusinesses thanks to this program."
- Jill Boyd, sales and project manager, Morral Companies, LLC
"While traveling on a business trip, I got to talking with a couple people and discovered that we had a mutual connection, a fellow LAUNCH classmate. Before the end of my trip, my classmate's dad, and owner of Alpha Green Supreme, came and introduced himself to me. Like I always say, 'Huge industry, small community.' LAUNCH made this connection possible."
- Nathan Louiso, regional sales manager, AgriGold
To see the full inaugural list of 2013 LAUNCH graduates, click here.
The program curriculum will include skill-building in the following areas:
- Personal Insights and Diversity in Thinking Styles
- Management Skills and Decision Making
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Global Issues in Agriculture
- Sales and Marketing Principles
- Ohio/Regional Trends in Agribusiness
- State and Local Government
- Strategic Planning, Goal Setting and Organizational Skills
- Capstone Project
OABA will invoice each applicant’s organization for the one-time participation fee of $2,900 upon selection. This registration fee covers costs relating to both sessions, including hotel accommodations and meals.
Registration for this event is different than most OABA training opportunities. Those interested in participating will need to go through the following short application process.
- Applicants must work for a member organization/company of the Ohio AgriBusiness Association.
- Aspiring leaders will need to talk with their supervisor and/or company leadership to determine if the interested individual has approval to commit to the program.
- Individuals must fully complete an official application, which includes a letter of recommendation.
- Applicants and their supervisors and/or company leadership must sign a letter of commitment to the two sessions.
- Applicants must email a head shot photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by November. 1, 2013.
- Applicants must mail the completed application – which must be postmarked by November 1, 2013 – to:
Ohio AgriBusiness Association
5151 Reed Road, Suite 126-C
Columbus, OH 43220
< Back | Printer Friendly Page | Add to my Outlook® Calendar